Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pity the maroons of the world

The January 19 Massachusetts election in which the so-called Kennedy Seat in the Senate was lost to a Republican brought mixed emotions around the country. Democrats were wailing and tearing at their (or somebody’s) breasts and Republicans were rubbing their hands over boiling caldrons of political goo and laughing likes Shakespeare’s witches.

But on the Pay-Back Front, minions were hard at work.

Coming back from lunch on the 20th, I noted that I had a voice mail from an 888 number. Knowing I had paid my last bill from Patty Lou’s Party Hearty website, I listened to the voicemail with no apprehension at all.

It was Sen. Scott Brown hissownself. He voice-mailed me thanking me for the support of “your senator, John McCain.” The message was paid for by the “Friends of John McCain” group.

My senator?

McCain represents AZ. I live in AR.

And the number the message went to had a California prefix (Internet phone system)

Geographically challenged, are we, Sen. Brown?

No comments:

Post a Comment