Friday, April 10, 2009

Expanding horizons













Photos/
Gayle Smith



Several years ago I gave my Supreme Spousal Unit Gayle a camera with a 400 mm. lens for shooting soccer. She's a natural sports photographer ... sense of the game, anticipation, not afraid to get in close to the action.

She's graduated to status of a nature photographer. And she's good at it.

As an old newspaper shooter for more than 40 years, I've taken my share of photos and some of them were, well, quite good, to be honest.

But Gayle's photos -- watching her take them, seeing her incredible patience in the field and the delight in her eyes when she gets that perfect shot -- make my heart soar.

1 comment:

  1. You should frame some - if you haven't already. That hummingbird one would make a great gift for Grandma.

    ReplyDelete